Safeguard the structures that house your tenants.

Get Started

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What Is Dwelling Insurance?

This coverage provides landlords or owners of rental properties, including short-term rentals, with coverage against damage to the physical structure of the home, apartment, condo, or other rental dwelling. Dwelling coverage only applies to the structural elements of the property such as the walls and roof, not to any of the tenant’s interior contents.

Coverage Includes

As previously stated, dwelling insurance does not cover the tenant’s possessions inside a rental dwelling. Coverage for physical damage includes only the named perils listed in your policy. These named perils may include fire, lightning, wind, flood, and other events.

If you own rental properties, including short-term rentals, dwelling insurance is an important coverage to have. Speak to our agents today to learn more.